Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life & Rage as a Path to Liberation
With Pema Khandro and Geshe Sonam
August 29, 2020
This daylong retreat with esteemed guest Geshe Sonam and Pema Khandro is the culmination of a week-long series about the practice of compassion and care in troubled times.
In the face of trauma, fear, aggression… what is the place of love and empathy? In the midst of moral outrage and the imperative to change society, how do we proceed without magnifying aggression and hate? This series is dedicated to contemplating possibilities for facing difficulties with a mind set upon altruistic action and connection with others. The “Bodhisattva” is a Buddhist term for a person dedicated to care for self, others and the world through compassionate action.
- Explore alternate theories of social change
- Delve into perspectives for harnessing anger, frustration and grief
- Investigate possibilities beyond spiritual by-passing
- Explore the integration of action with compassion.
- Consider the relationship between self-care, caring for others and caring for our world.
- Delve into intersectional identities in a complex and diverse world.
Join internationally renowned Buddhist scholar and teacher, Pema Khandro and esteemed guests n this week-long event dedicated to opening up a conversation about how Buddhist values might unfold in the midst of an avalanche of intense situations. Weekday interviews followed by Saturday retreat on The Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life & Rage as a Path to Liberation.
*All times are listed in Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) (UTC-7) Timezone Converter
4:15 – 4:30pm – Bodhisattva Vow Recitation & Closing