Currently Seeking Volunteers to help Transcribe Teachings
- Experience is a plus, however not necessary
- Please contact Info@Ngakpa.org if you would like to help
Volunteering for Ngakpa Intl.
Ngakpa Intl is organized, run and sustained by generosity. All events and centers are run by volunteers who serve with altruistic aspirations. The support volunteers offer is the force of kindness behind the evolution, organization, and manifestation of the teachings and activities we share. All of the volunteer efforts are extremely valuable and deeply appreciated.
Volunteering can be a joyful way to serve others, help manifest the dharma, give back to the school, participate in and get to know the community, share your gifts, talents and leadership, and to explore the teachings and practices.
Volunteers start working on projects just after meeting us, finding us through the web, or after being involved for some time. Whether you have only a few hours or can offer your talent and services in an ongoing way, your help makes a huge difference. Some volunteers are from northern California, near our headquarters, many others lend their help from afar.
Current Call for Volunteers (Positions Available)
- Video and Audio editor for Pema Khandro Rinpoche’s teachings and recordings
- Transcribing Pema Khandro’s previous classes for books
- Member Letter Editor & Producer (produce three-four member letters a year via vertical response) (works with Satya and Rinpoche)
- Newsletter Creator & Editor
- Tech-Host for online classes (will learn and run Go-To-Meeting and sign on early with Rinpoche as the tech host)
- Social media posting
- Web and graphic design
- Marketing & Outreach
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Plumbing, electrical, general construction skills & finishing work for building temple and guest rooms at Khandro Ling, Virginia
- Plumbing, electrical, general construction skills for maintenance projects at the Berkeley MahaSiddha Center
Event based volunteer roles generally needed:
- Set up and clean up at public programs
- Assistant Cooking at retreats
- Outreach: online promotions and flyering
- Padma Committee Leader (welcoming and hosting guests at events, reaching out to guests after events, coordinating help for sangha members in need)
- Support team at events (helping the organizers accomplish various tasks before, during and after the retreat)
- Hosting retreat participants from out of town during non-residential retreats in Berkeley and Santa Cruz
To inquire about volunteering, offering services, or how you can get involved, email Mikyo at info@BuddhistYogis.org Info@Ngakpa.org