Free Intro to Empathy Training
With Pema Khandro, Aruna Rig'dzin and Satya Shiva
March 9, 2020
Join Pema Khandro Rinpoche, Aruna Rig’zin and Satya Shiva for a free introduction to the upcoming Empathy Training. The training details will be covered along with time for Q&A.
Why Take Empathy Training?
A happy life. Loving relationships. Peace with family. Deeper friendships. Real Love. Emotional Maturity. Spiritual Maturity. Socio-Emotional Intelligence. Harmony with Co-workers and so much more. Join three Buddhist teachers for an eight-week course in the core skills you need to live with an open heart. Designed and led by internationally renowned scholar and teacher of Tibetan Buddhism, Pema Khandro. This training is also led by Aruna Rig’dzin Ross and Satya Shiva, Co-Directors of Ngakpa International and the Yogic Medicine Institute.
Research shows that 8 weeks of empathy training is enough to significantly increase our ability to empathize with others.
Who is this course for?
- People who believe they can change the world
- Are actively doing it
- Are willing to do the inner work needed to do it well
What you will gain
- Tools for becoming a better person
- Learn to deal with high emotion
- Learn to meditate
- Learn to Self-Regulate
- Learn to listen deeply
- Tools to resolve interpersonal conflict
- Set appropriate boundaries
- Know how to ask for what you want and need
- Tools to take charge of your state of being
- Develop self-awareness
- How to deal with suffering
- Vocabulary for identifying and expressing emotions
- How to work with your own emotions
- Ability to communicate in times of high emotion
- Assessing appropriate contexts for deep communication
- How to know when not to communicate
- Recognizing control dramas
- Steps and practices for healing relationships
Training Format – 10 hours live online (40 hours total)
- 8 Wednesday Classes Online: 12pm – 1:15pm PDT (UTC-7) Timezone Converter (10 hours)
- 20 mins of Meditation Daily (19 hours)
- Optional Monday Night Meditation Classes (2 hours)
- Co-requisite: Intro to Buddhist Meditation Self-Paced Class (2 Hours)
- Co-requisite: Buddhist Ethics Self-Paced Class & Quiz (5 hours)
- Final Exam (1 Hour)
- Certificate of Completion