Ngakpa Intl. welcomes you to the study of Tibetan Buddhism. We offer four approaches to learning and participating, each representing varying levels of commitment and interest.
Four Levels of Study
1. Community Classes: taught by Ngakpa Intl. Instructors. These classes include weekly meditation, community gatherings and the Skillful Means Training. The Skillful Means Training and meditation classes are tailored to a secular audience to provide education and contemplative methods to uplift and empower the lives of those who participate.
2. Public Classes, Empowerments and Retreats: taught by Pema Khandro and guest Lamas. These take place online, by phone or in person with regular retreats at the Berkeley MahaSiddha Center in California. Topics covered range from introductory to advanced teachings. Visit our weekend Courses page for more details.
3. Vajrayana Training: web class taught by Pema Khandro with a mentorship program led by her students. These classes are open to the public with a six-month commitment. The VT focuses on cultivating and sustaining a firm understanding of fundamental principles of Vajrayana and the Nyingma tradition. Visit our Vajrayana Training page for more information.
4. Vajra Sangha: Vajra Sangha are the long-term personal students of Pema Khandro. Becoming a member of the Vajra Sangha takes place via application and interview. Vajra Sangha members maintain the five precepts and offer a regular service commitment to the community.
- Ngakpa Training course for in-depth study of Vajrayana Buddhism in the Nyingma lineage
- Calling the Lama from Afar
- Private classes and private retreats